You are required to agree to the below terms and conditions to be eligible for participation in the Head Above Water 24 Hour Swimathon held at Collaroy Rockpool on 27 March/28 March 2021.
1. I have read the entry form for this event and understand that this event is a physically demanding swim. I have trained for this event and I am not aware of any medical condition or impairment that will be detrimental to my health if I participate in this event.
2. In the event that I become aware of any medical condition or impairment, or am otherwise sick or injured prior to the event, I will withdraw from the Swimathon.
3. I acknowledge that participating in this event may involve a real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including; over exertion, dehydration, and accidents with other participants.
4. I acknowledge that it is a condition of participating in this event that I do so at my own risk. I accept all risks and in consideration of my entry, I, my heirs, executors and administrators release and forever discharge promoters, Head Above Water, Collaroy Surf Life Saving Club, Collaroy Swimming Club, Gotcha4Life, Northern Beaches Council, volunteers assisting with this event, all sponsors, producers, their agents and representatives, and any person or body, directly or indirectly associated with the event of all liabilities, claims, damages or costs which I may have against them arising out of, or in any way connected with my participation in the event. I understand this waiver includes claims based on negligence, action, or inaction of any of the above parties. This release continues forever and binds my heirs, successors, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
5. I also acknowledge that it is a condition of participating in this event that I do so at my own risk. I accept all risks, including exposure and/or contraction of Covid-19 or other illness, and in consideration of my entry and forever discharge Head Above Water as per Clause 4.
6. I agree that should the event be cancelled for any reason whatsoever, there will not be refunds, and no liability of any kind whatsoever will attach to the organisers.
7. Entries cancelled 21 days prior to race day will be refunded in full. Entries cancelled 20 days or less from race day will not be refunded.
8. I have carefully read this entry form and agree to abide by all the rules and directions of all race officials on the day of the race.
9. Minimum entry age for the event is 8 years and if signing for a person under 18 years of age, I certify that I am the parent/guardian of the 'minor' who will be participating on the day of the Clinic. In consideration of the Clinic organiser accepting the minor's application to participate in the Clinic, I agree to indemnify and shall keep indemnified the Organisers in respect of any losses they or any of them may suffer as a consequence of any claim/s by the minor and to the same extent as any other competitor indemnifies the Organisers pursuant to the above legal declaration.
10. BY CHECKING THE RELEVANT BOX ON THE ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM, I CONFIRM I HAVE READ UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE AND AGREE TO THIS WAIVER IN FULL.
If you wish NOT to be contacted in the future, please let us know or send an email to: